Seasickness? Or simply willing to experience strong sensations at landing?
Get to St Barth by air!
– Commercial flights
The principal gateway to St. Barts (SBH) is through Juliana Airport (SXM), St Maarten, where flights arrive daily from both the USA and Europe.
From the USA: USAIR, Delta, Continental, American Airlines, United Airlines and JetBlue have direct flights to St Maarten Juliana.
From South America: Copa Airlines and Gol Airlines have direct flights to St. Maarten.
From Europe: Air France, Alitalia, and KLM have regular flights to St Maarten and Pointe-à-Pitre, Guadeloupe (PAP).
From St Maarten (SXM), Winair and St Barth Commuter have ten-minute shuttle flights to St Barts (SBH).
From Pointe-à-Pitre (PAP), Air Antilles Express offers a few 50-minute direct flights to St Barts and others via St Marteen departing at times meant to accommodate the arrival of the bigger planes from Europe.
• Winair + (590) 590 27 61 01 / + (590) 590 29 15 49
• St Barth Commuter + (590) 590 27 54 54
• Air Antilles Express + (590) 590 29 62 79
• Air Caraïbes Express + (590) 590 87 14 80
• Windward Express + (599) 545 2001
• Tradewind Aviation + (1) 800 376 7922 / + (1) 203 267 3305)
– Private flights
The French aviation authorities require a special training and a special permit issued to any pilot who intends to land in St. Barts, since the landing runway is only 650 meters (710 yards) long. Plan to get the appropriate qualification: St Barts Control tower +(590) 590 27 65 33 can inform you about how to contact a French instructor for certification. It takes a couple of hours, and includes a touch-and-go training in both directions.
Fear of flying? Or simply want to enjoy the sea breeze?
Get to St Bart by the sea!
• Great Bay Express Gustavia operates 2 to 3 roundtrips from/to Philipsburg, St Maarten to/from Gustavia, St Bart, from Monday to Sunday, within 45 minutes. The round trip costs from 56 to 95 Euros.
• The Edge. 2 high-speed ferries make connections in 45 minutes between Simposon Bay, St Maarten and Gustavia, St Barts once a day on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays.
• MV Voyager + (590) 590 87 10 68 has several departures per day to/from Gustavia, St Barth, from/to Oyster Pond (30 min) or Marigot (75 min), St Martin.
– Taxi boats and airport transfers
• Jicky Marine Service + (590) 590 277 034 can organize a transfer from Juliana Airport (SXM) to St Barth (or the other way around) with their motor yacht fleet, for
up to 8 people.
• Masterski Pilou +(590) 590 27 91 79 offers a service of transfer by the sea between Sin Marteen’s (SXM) and St Barth’s (SBH) airports.
– Private Yachts
A wide range of facilities are available to access the St Bart’s territorial waters with pleasure crafts. The Gustavia Marina offers:
• 60 mooring spots at the marina wharfs, for yatchts up to 60 meters (200ft.) long and with a 4,5-meters (15ft.) maximum draft
• 15 anchorage spots within the marina, for yachts up to 25 meters (80ft.) long and with a 4-meter (13ft.) maximum draft.
• +100 anchorage spots in the outer harbor
Fuel, water and provisioning are available in the marina, as well as a ship chandler / nautical shop. Plan to contact the Harbor Master 2 hours prior to arrival on VHF channel 16. Immediately upon arrival, the vessel’s skipper/captain should bring the ship’s registration documents and a passport for each passenger/crew member.
For any kind of reservation for your transfers, don’t hesitate to contact us; we are qualified to make a reservation for you!